The Trail Committee is part of the Northern Kentucky Horse Network, Inc. The Trail Committee's primary purpose is to layout, build, consult and maintain horse/hiking trails in the NKHN nine county region. They Organize trail rides, promote “Leave No Trace” and support all trail activities. They are a group of hardworking people who enjoy getting out into the woods and creating great places to ride a horse or go for a walk. They are “Horsemen helping Horsemen”.
SEE WEBSITE CALENDAR FOR UPCOMING TRAIL RIDES AND WORKDAYS !
Trail Committee accomplishments:
- Responsible for re-opened Equestrian trails at A.J. Jolly Park.
- Upgraded A.J. Jolly trails and added signage.
- Presently working on adding an additional 8 miles of trails
- 7 NKHN members certified in trail building.
- 4 NKHN members attended Certified Chainsaw Course.
- Received $10,000 grant from KHC for trail building.
- Raised funds to purchase trail building tools for the Northern Kentucky Area.
- 5 NKHN members attended “Leave No Trace” training.