The Trail Blazers are part of the Northern Kentucky Horse Network, Inc. The Trail Blazers primary purpose is to layout, build, consult and maintain horse/hiking trails in the NKHN nine county region. They Organize trail rides, promote “Leave No Trace” and support all trail activities. They are a group of hardworking people who enjoy getting out into the woods and creating great places to ride a horse or go for a walk. They are “Horsemen helping Horsemen”.
Chairperson: Aaron Linkugal
Next Meeting Date and Time: TBA
Meeting Location: Kenton Co Ext Office
Trail Committee accomplishments:
- Responsible for re-opened Equestrian trails at A.J. Jolly Park.
- Upgraded A.J. Jolly trails and added signage.
- Presently working on adding an additional 8 miles of trails
- 7 NKHN members certified in trail building.
- 4 NKHN members attended Certified Chainsaw Course.
- Received $10,000 grant from KHC for trail building.
- Raised funds to purchase trail building tools for the Northern Kentucky Area.
- 5 NKHN members attended “Leave No Trace” training.
AJ Jolly Park Trails:
If you see anything obstructing the trails, let us know what trail it is on and give us some idea what it is, then please Contact Jim Mayer, Harold Lambert and we will see that it is cleared.
Thank you for your Cooperation
Update on AJ Jolly Park Campground:
There are 12 Campsites with electric and water hookups. There is also a 28 stall barn. Campground will open on May 3rd for the Weekends only until Memorial Day Weekend then it will be opened everyday until Labor Day weekend. You can go to the CC website at campbellcountyky.org or you can call the Ranger Station at Jolly at 859-635-4423 for reservations.
If you have ridden the park recently and have seen trails that need to be rerouted or reworked please contact Trail Blazers Committee.